Wednesday, December 31, 2003

Who knew?

I know I use that for a title surprisingly often [no, I don't feel like linking them], but I'm really surprised how many of my New Year's Confessions turned up again in my year.

- “Wannabe,” that Spice Girls classic, didn’t really show up in my life this year, but the fact that I knew the words to most of the late ‘80s/early ‘90s Disney animated library, “Goodnight My Angel,” and “Can’t Take My Eyes off of You” provided some memorable sing-a-long moments.

- Following the second one, I’ve met my future husband three or four times over this past year. I think I’m just going to guess that I’ve gotten wittier, not that I should change my belief structure or anything.

- Forget my husband having one, if I haven’t had an Australian (or British, they’re almost the same) accent for some stretch of time before I die, I’ll feel upset.

- I think I completely regressed into a seven year old over the past year, albeit one with a fab vocabulary, so that’s happened oodles of times.

- And I definitely killed off that last one, as acting class had me macking on all sorts of people (and that other thing in the park). I never realized how much kissing I could accomplish in one semester without finding a boyfriend.

So, with all that in mind, my list of Confessions for this year:

* I've never seen any theatre in any other state besides Missouri.

* I can only swing dance if the fake, show choir-esque style counts. Otherwise, no.

* The whole Lady Macbeth thing still ticks me off, if I'm in the proper mood.

* Supposedly my death glares are hideously scary; though Megan is the only person who's ever seen them (I don't know what that says about Megan). I can't control when they come out, or perhaps I wouldn't just play nine year olds.

* Every long break from school when I bring Merv home (Christmas, summer), I reorganize my music files fanatically. I don’t know if I should blame it on my librarian blood or just call myself OCD.

No comments: