Saturday, October 29, 2005

"Listen to that awesome feedback solo!"

The concert was a pretty fantabulous time, despite the two person mosh pit on the right and the seven foot tall guys on the left (first - shut up, second - if you're that tall, you'll be okay standing a little farther back from the stage and not, say, in front of me).

Anyway, fantastic stuff. The opening act was way better than expected and I'm now sorry SAB is screwing them over. Double points for the keyboard/guitarist who looked and acted like Charlie from Lost.

(I must interrupt this post to quote David, upon exiting my room: "I could've been a character on Seinfeld, you know that?")

The actual CAKE portion of the precedings was above my expectations, what with the 90 minutes of showtime advertised actually being 90 minutes of showtime. There were sing-a-longs, toy musical instruments, and much bantering. Apparently, for every song downloaded for free, CAKE deserves a free sandwich. You'll be eating for awhile.

The best part was the *four* song encore, which hit the song everyone knows ("Short Skirt, Long Jacket") that I thought would be the closer because everyone knows it, and if I hadn't been so sad that they hadn't played my fav song yet I would've noticed they were jabbering too much to be actually through. They popped into "Reluctantly crouched at the starting line..." before I could even notice and finally hit "The Distance." Fine way to end a concert.

Though that elevator ride with ten of my "closest" friends was pretty spectacular...

No comments: