Monday, November 21, 2005

Looking for some opinions, then sleep

So, I basically know that I want Travis - "We Are Monkeys" as either call song or post show (either before or after the actual one-act). I'm leaning toward before at the moment just from the one curse word in the song that I can't gracifully bleep and will be easier to ignore if people are watching the scene change. I've already basically been cornered (happily, though) into playing Raffi - "Banana Phone" in preshow time (the thirty-ish minutes before the first show begins) because it's a not-so-in-joke between myself and my almighty stage manager.

Other options (where I need your opinion!):

* Jungle Book - Just Like You (I think there's a Louie Armstrong version of this song somewhere that I can't find but would totally prefer)

* Weezer - Island in the Sun (might end up being post-show, now that I think about it; seeing as how the ending works out, they just might make it back to the sweet jungles of Africa sooner than they think)

* Harry Nilsson - Lime in the Coconut (I'd prefer the Muppet version, but then it's too Muppets. Or whatever.)

* Ella Fitzgerald - Don't Mean a Thing (the other Ives plays have a swing thing going on that would help this fit with the rest of preshow)

* Amelie - Pas si simple (sure, it's just instrumental, but it's instrumental with typewriters! Other choice for post-show)

* XTC - We're All Light (pop-y science-y like the Travis song, yet not about monkeys. Not high on my list but still there above, oh, the rest of my music collection.)

ACK! Really, I should send this list to my illustrious SM and see what he thinks. Maybe when I'm more lucid?

1 comment:

Caleb Michael said...

You've heard my opinions on the Travis song. The typewriter instrumental seems interesting, though I've never heard it.