Sunday, May 28, 2006

breaking the carefully constructed order

It's the same day the post (should) say it is, May 27th, though my watch and the computer agree about the "just after nine" status you Midwesterners won't see for, oh, six hours. Anyway. I simply, and in short for time constraints terms, must crow about my real life Bono miracle of seeing the U2 frontman in Temple Bar yesterday evening after realizing the tourism camera/cellphone frenzy must mean something more than the weird guy with the guitar was back. He was enjoying a pint, he was enjoying the attention, he was wearing the sunglasses.

Then we left and saw "Brick" at the Irish Film Institute, which I think should be seen by anyone who has even the most basic knowledge of film noir. It's as fabulous as people say it is. I just ended a sentence with a preposition.

We jet out of the city tomorrow for small town Ireland, Wexford, followed by "Church Day, Pub Night" on Tuesday. I love theming.

No comments: