Wednesday, May 24, 2006

have I mentioned how hard it is to get to a computer?

A love letter

5-20-06, 12:46 a.m.

I realize we haven't known each other for long, and I'm not the type of girl who normally does such things--talk to, well, anyone--but we don't have much time and....Really, the point is, I love you. There, I said it. I love all of you, London, from your freezing, rainy mornings with everyone's umbrella raised as they dodge traffic to the hole-in-the-wall restaurants so fab they'd be bustling with diners anywhere smaller. It might be that vastness I love best--how you cover everything from the deeply historical (your serious, brainy side) to they kitschy and lights factor (the playful part I already inhabit so well.)

"Where did this come from?" I hear you ponder, "What was the grand breaking point?" \truly, it happened this evening, dodging traffic and pedestrians in Piccadilly. We'd finished The Crucible (where--don't be jealous--I also fell for the set's lift-the-flap type workings) and poured out into a slight rain, just enouch for slower walkers to pull out umbrellas. The lights, the night, the heaping plate of noodles resting in my tummy met in a cosmic event and the abiding joy within me meant one thing. I never want to leave.

So, what do you say? BF/GF?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, if when you say "London," you mean "Lemon Drop," the answer is yes. ;-)

I know I don't mind sharing.

Hope you're having a good time. Give my best to mere and mebs.

Caleb Michael said...

For the record, as your older brother, I'd like to meet this "London," in whatever physical, geographical manifestation it may make.

I'm funny that way.