Saturday, May 13, 2006

my thoughts are cluttered

"Hurry up and wait" seemed to be the theme of the day, between the cattle wrangling in Baldwin before the drawn out nostalgia tour of campus to lead to the stadium and then the sitting through speeches and names for a two second pocket of glory snatched away again to hear more names and slight alumni propaganda and the eventual walk back out into the sea of chaos known as the cheering mob. Jeepers. (I'm not going to edit the supreme length of anything that falls out tonight, based on that "sentence" alone.) The ceremony was potentially shorter than the organization of all of us black robes, though only the pre-ceremony part featured masking tape art and Dana running through the quad in her academic regalia.

"Hurry up and wait" seems to be the theme for the future as well, since I've been tossed into the so-called "real world" and now have to wait on applications, interviews, trip plans, and finding a way to see various shows this summer. I'm officially calling these next three-ish months a break from my own working in theatre, since I haven't had a true halt from such since....wait, when was I last not thinking about a show? Pre-one act?

Anyway, it still leaves me sans job, sans car (harder to road trip), and sans lots of space to not notice the previous two. Thanks, apartment. I know I'm going to pull out all sorts of truly fantastic stuff during my life, just wait, and the Reader's Digest cover in the grandparents' basement says that I can live that much longer through laughter alone, so we know I have plenty of time to accomplish whatever. It's simply a matter of taking that breath, walking out in faith, and finding a Bono miracle of my own. (I'm also not caring about any in-jokes that might confuse the majority of people.)

I'm off to finish the current chapter of "The Princess Bride," re-read for time #???; blow my nose, since I've also been working on this whole "don't cry don't cry don't cry" thing all day; and fall asleep a little.

No comments: