Friday, November 24, 2006

Packing up the week's loose ends

First, you have no idea how much I've missed this "having time off" thing. Students everywhere, please take a moment to appreciate the fact that, despite the papers you might be frantically still putting off at this time, you've received more time off this week than the amount of vacation hours I'm allotted per year. I will now move on to avoid dwelling on the same.

Second, this week has been a bugger. The box office started bustling again with the promise of a new show, meaning the usual Monday understaffing was not such a grand idea. Monday evening was filled with final plotting and planning, as well as possibly the longest phone conversation I have ever held with an Angelfish. Tuesday...Tuesday was so non-stop that I don't think I would've managed lunch if it hadn't been the combination of provision (a pre-Thanksgiving gift to the company) and other people eating between flights. I had a dress rehearsal for the artistic director (and I'm *so pleased* the director forgot to inform me of such ahead of time) and then more extended phone calls from the homeland. (Tiffani: how's the ankle?) Wednesday were auditions for the next kid's show and my first evening box office shift of the new show, followed by supreme amounts of sleeping.

Ah, the sleeping.

Thursday consisted of an incredible amount of food and games and festiveness as the group of us ended up taking a break from the eating to land at the downtown lighting of the Christmas trees. There were fireworks, perfectly aimed to reflect off the overly-mirrored windows of several office buildings. Thursday also consisted of no additional sleep, as I discovered a fellow Black Friday fiend in Jesse. Agreeing to stand in line at Best Buy starting around 3:30 a.m.? MVP [second team], sir, MVP. (First team MVP honors go to Natalie, who ferried me to and from the airport on Tuesday, for helping me reach something more important than cheap DVDs.)

I have slept since then, which is always a plus, especially since then I can go back and decide if I want to keep all the DVDs I purchased, as well as do more field research on the digital camera that I'll probably end up keeping (but want to make certain within my 14 day return policy schedule). Also, I'm working box office again this evening and I'm always slightly more lucid with a few hours of sleep under my belt.

No comments: