Thursday, September 11, 2008

"Remember how I said I'd be concerned when the locals got concerned?"

As of now, Deb and I are planning on hunkering down (such a great verb, huh?) here in Houston instead of fleeing elsewhere. I've filled water gallons and pulled in my porch stuff already tonight, and will mess with any boarding/taping of windows tomorrow. We shut down shows for the rest of the weekend, including tomorrow's opening, and won't be at work until hopefully Monday. We're also hopeful that things won't be underwater by that point.

I might go to the mall tomorrow. I don't think many other people will be there.

I'll keep people updated best as I can throughout the weekend. From what I hear, it's almost certain that power will go out and flooding commence. How long and how deep is up in the air. Watch for twitters as long as I can text.

One of my favorite things heard today: "I was really pulling for your hurricane to come this direction. That way, the newspapers would've been 'Hanna Hits Houston!' 'Ike Hits Houston' just isn't the same."

No comments: